Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 290: Orange is a Strategy

Today at church we were told to think Orange.


Yellow (the light of the church) + Red (the love of family) = Orange

The church only gets about 40 hours per year with a child. The family gets about 3000 waking hours with their child. So the idea is for the church and the family to work together to raise children and teach them about God (go to our church website and listen to the sermon series for more details: foresthillsmacon.com)

In our college/career-age/young-adult small group we discussed our role in the whole Orange concept. Now while we aren't quite to the point of raising kids, or even ready to think about having kids, we did talk about the importance of family in the church and how that'll affect our choices.

I always say that I'm not going to have kids, but that's not necessarily because I don't want to. I would love to have a family...one day. but I won't even consider the possibility of a family and kids until I find someone that understands the whole Orange Strategy. The most important thing in my life is my relationship with God, and before I could even consider getting married or having children I need to find someone who I could be open and honest with, someone who will talk about God and encourage me spiritually. Until that day, I can still be a part of the whole Orange thing by living my life so that others can see God in me, by volunteering at church and reinforcing the values and beliefs that Ren and Jeremy are teaching Blake and Taylor. SO if you're reading this, I challenge you to Think Orange and figure out a way that you can be involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment