Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day 30: Blank Inside


I love Barnes and Noble. I would live there if they would let me. I've only gotten in trouble there once, and I'm pretty sure that guy was new cause I wasn't really doing anything wrong... Anyway, I was looking at the journals and photo albums they carry at Barnes and Noble when I stumbled upon the card area.

Greeting cards seem kind of pointless to me. I personally think they are a waste of money. I know that people usually give them with the best of intentions and I like it when someone sends me a card in the mail, but to be handed a card just seems stupid. Greeting card sections are so specific that it takes forever to find the right one for the right occasion. I used to just buy cards at random and give them to people for their birthdays, like: "congratulations on your new baby" or a pink princess card and then give it to a boy. Then there's the Blank inside section. Those just frustrate me. My favorite comedian, Brian Regan, has a whole slew of jokes about greeting cards and he talks about the blank inside cards and how pointless they are. So while I was staring at these cards in Barnes and Noble, it was hard to explain to the people giving me strange looks that I was giggling because I was remembering Brian Regan jokes. Between that and the glares I gave the pharmacology books in the nursing section, I was sure that the new guy was gonna try to ask me to leave the store again.

No comments:

Post a Comment