Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 31:Trust the mule

There were 2 things we were always told while we were in Haiti. "We must praise Him!" and "Trust the mule." The mule carried most of my stuff, so I trust the mule...and the little Haitian people that pushed me up the mountain.

Today we had a lunch at church to raise money for Haiti and to talk about the mission trip we took last month. I had to help serve food, so I gave my camera to Sarah to take pictures, but she basically only took pictures of herself…and they were all blurry.

So I had to get someone else to take a picture of my Haiti crew working in the kitchen

We served red beans & rice, fried chicken legs, fried plantains and a roll. Then we had a short presentation and a 20 minute video of our adventures in Haiti. We ended up raising about $4700!

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME to raise so much money!!! And I looove the sayings!! :-D

    ReplyDelete