Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 243: Peaceful Chaos

I had some very interesting conversations about God today. Usually interesting conversations about God consist of opposing beliefs somewhere within an intense argument, but today the interesting conversations were based on a mutual inability to describe the peace that God gives.
I was talking with a woman today and she just started to open up and tell me about her life and all that God has done for her. We discovered that we've had similar experiences and despite the fact that there is a 40 year age difference between us, we had this connection. Usually when I'm at work and I talk to people for the amount of time that I talked to this woman, I'm emotionally exhausted by the end of the day. Today I felt energized, renewed. I needed a day like today. Having to miss church Sunday was hard and just this simple conversation was enough to remind me of God's love and peace and inexpressible joy...
this woman and I sat there for a good while trying to explain that peace but we ended up just sitting in silence, a comfortable silence...which is a lot like God's peace. Just a comfortable, safe silence in the midst of a chaotic world.


I love when God gives me little moments like this :)


No comments:

Post a Comment