Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter is _________

The Easter Bunny visited me today!!


and it was a great day at church!!


I've always loved Easter! My family never really ever did anything extra special on Easter. We went to church and ate a nice lunch, but that was just like every other Sunday at our house. I think the fact that we didn't have to do anything different on Easter says a lot. Granted we went to the church and helped with the Easter egg hunt and stuff like that on the days leading up to Easter Sunday, but that too was just like any other day for us. Now I'm not saying that we didn't think Easter was special, because we did, like I said, I've always loved Easter! I guess I just feel like we've always been grateful for everyday that God has given to us...at least I have. Easter is the reason that I have hope, joy, peace...
Jon Acuff wrote a post on his blog today about Easter, and in it he said:

"To try to capture the sacrifice of Christ on Easter, to try to capture the love of God on Easter, to try to capture the hope of that day with a movie or a blog post is impossible. Trying to capture the love of God on a piece of paper or in a film is like trying to capture the might and fury of a hurricane with a crayon

Easter is a gift

That’s what Easter is to me"

To me, Easter is Love. Easter is Hope. Easter is Joy. Easter is Peace. Easter is Forgiveness. Easter is Acceptance. Easter is Eternity.

I guess to sum it up, I agree with Jon Acuff. Easter is a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment