Sunday, January 1, 2012

2 Words for 2012: Not Waiting

Two years ago I started this blog with some friends as a way to kinda keep up with each other's lives and a way for me to photographically document moments and tell day to day stories that I would otherwise forget to remember...all in all, I did really good the 1st year and completely slacked off in 2011. Maybe I became a slacker cause I was working all the time or (insert other excuses here, blah blah blah), BUT over the last few months I've had this revelation. I finally realized that I've been spending my life waiting. Waiting to be old enough, waiting to finish college, waiting until I have my own apartment, waiting until I get married, waiting for the right time or the right job or the right whatever...I've just been waiting. Which is strange, because I am a very ambitious person. I put myself through college and graduated in 4 years with a BS in Nursing and started a career just after turning 22. I don't really have anything to wait for anymore...but here I am. waiting. When I was in Haiti last month, I told my roommate that I'm not going to wait anymore and then today on the radio I heard this quote:

"The first step towards getting somewhere...is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are."

Hearing that quote today reminded me that I've been waiting...and I don't want to stay like that. I'm gonna go somewhere...not sure where, but I'm not staying here. SO here's to a new year of NOT waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment