Thursday, January 26, 2012

Karaoke

We went to Applebee's with some friends to sing Karaoke...there are several things wrong with this statement.
#1. We went to Applebee's. Now to explain why this is a problem, I have to go back a couple of months. In December, my brother Timothy came to visit and we met him and some of his friends at Applebee's to eat lunch. Timothy and his friends got there 1st and went ahead and ordered food. I got there a few minutes later, followed by my brother-in-law, Jeremy, and his 2 girls (ages 5 and 2). Jeremy, the girls, and I waited for 45 minutes and never saw a waitress/waiter. Timothy and his friends got their food, ate and paid their bill and no one, not even the manager that walked right past our table would stop to ask us if we even wanted something to drink. I have this habit of raising my hand when I want someone's attention and I even did that for about 10-15 minutes and the entire staff pretended to not notice. Now when I'm hungry I get a little cranky...but I also had my little nieces with me who were also hungry so I was talking very loudly about the fact that this particular establishment sucked....and no one seemed to care. So I vowed to never eat there ever again. Timothy spoke to the manager after I stormed out but he didn't seem too concerned about our lack of service (again, Applebee's in Macon, GA SUCKS!!!).
#2. How bout this time I actually had a waitress and still waited about 45 minutes just to get a water...yeah...gotta love this restaurant
#3. I only sing in the car. or in church....not really a karaoke kind of person
#4. We were the ONLY white people in the place (I'm not raciest or anything, this has more to do with the fact that the other people singing karaoke could REALLY sing, like they had soul and we didn't and we stuck out like a sore thumb. In fact one guy at the table next to us pulled out his phone and said "I'm gonna put this on youtube!" whenever my friends were singing at our table...it was quite hilarious)

Now despite all of that, we had fun. AND I got this great picture of A!!


No comments:

Post a Comment