Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Employee of the Month

As I was orienting a new employee today, the CEO of our hospital came up with my floor manager, the clinical coordinator, our CNO, our human resources staff and a photographer. The CEO called me over by name and awarded me as the employee of the Month. It was kinda funny cause he mentioned the fact that I'm opinionated during his speech about why I got this award. Part of me feels like maybe I should not run my mouth so much but you know, that is why I love my hospital. It may be small and every job has its problems, but I love my boss and I know the CEO and CNO of the hospital on a first name basis. That's kinda cool. The bad part of this award is that they pinned a corsage to my scrub top and I couldn't get it off so I had to wear it around all day. Everyone wanted to know why I had a "flower on my shirt"...it was an interesting day.
My poor orientee though...he finally asked me at the end of the day "do you know EVERYONE in the hospital?!"


PS: I almost didn't get that stupid corsage off. I thought I might have to call 911 and ask them to use the jaws of life to pry it from my body...or else help cut me out of my scrubs. I kinda started to panic a little bit and I pawed frantically at it until I luckily managed to pull it off! any longer and I might have started to hyperventilate.

No comments:

Post a Comment