Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 152: ειρήνη

It seems that my days pretty much consist of reading, cleaning, watching the girls, cleaning, reading, freaking out a little bit cause of all the information, praying, reading some more, then basically passing out from exhaustion. I had to cut down the amount of books I'm allowing myself to read right now, this is all I get to look at until June 14th...


This morning I woke up and read one of my little devotionals and kinda got the Holy Backhand.

Quote of the Day:
"The Peace that I give you transcends your intellect. When most of your mental energy goes into efforts to figure things out, you are unable to receive this glorious gift. I look into your mind and see thoughts spinning round and round: going nowhere, accomplishing nothing. All the while, My Peace hovers over you, searching for a place to land.
Be still in My Presence, inviting Me to control your thoughts. Let My Light soak into your mind and heart, until you are aglow with My very Being. This is the most effective way to receive My Peace." ~from the book Jesus Calling by Sarah Young (if you have this book, this was actually for May 31st...I was a day behind in this one)

Usually whenever I study scripture I pick a topic and then search like crazy through the Bible, reading different translations and even looking up the original Hebrew, Greek, or whatever language terms to see their meaning... Probably my 2nd favorite topic to study is Peace, specifically God's Peace, and lately I've been too busy stressing out to be at peace. So when I read this little devotional this morning (which is based off of scriptures), I was immediately reminded of a few of my favorite verses...

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" ~Philippians 4:6-7

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." ~John 16:33

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." ~John 14:27

I hate when it takes me this long to figure out what God's been trying to tell me for weeks...I have no idea what He is planning on doing with me, but I can feel Him working. He's been laughing at all my plans and slowly guiding me down a path...more like up a path, I almost feel like I'm back in Haiti trying to climb up the mountains in the dark, relying completely on a small child to keep me from falling...but I guess that blind faith is better when you have a hard time letting go...

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful." ~Colossians 3:15

1 comment:

  1. awww this a good post....I totally am using that kaplan book too! AND yay devotion book!! I miss Tuesday mornings....

    ReplyDelete