Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 45: Valentine's Day


I've never had a good Valentine's Day, but I must say that this was the best one so far. My nieces and my sister woke me up with Valentine's Day cards, I went to church, and saw the movie Valentine's Day with Ansley.


At church we talked about how Valentine's Day is a time to make an offering of love. While Jesus was in Bethany, Mary took an alabaster jar of pure nard and anointed Jesus; pouring it on his head and feet, then she wiped his feet with her hair. Mary took a risk and offered Jesus her most expensive possession. We hold back to protect ourselves from pain, rejection, risk, suffering...but all Jesus wants is our heart. Which I think its easy to give your heart to God, the hard part is accepting God's love in return.

1 comment: