Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 139: Smile so I can see you

I had a pretty eventful day! Last night I got called to go fill out a paper application at a hospital in town. I got there, filled out the application, took an assessment test, had an interview, and was then asked if I wanted days or nights....how crazy is that?! I am so relieved, I didn't even realize how worried I was about getting a job.

Ren and Jeremy went to a Braves game tonight so I got to watch the girls and Andrew came over to hang out with us!!


Shortly after we put the girls to bed, Andrew's car alarm went off. Neither one of us wanted to go outside, but luckily our neighbor came over to check out the situation. We called the cops and Andrew decided that we needed a weapon...so I got what Andrew called "the punisher" out of the attic....aka my old tee ball bat.


I really don't know what Andrew expected to do with the bat...it's like Taylor's size...but it made him feel better. The cops came by and told us that some other people in the neighborhood had seen the guy that was causing all the commotion and they were patrolling the area. And the neighborhood watch people were out patrolling too (they have spotlights and stuff...it's pretty hardcore). Naturally I was a little worried about being home alone with the girls, so Andrew volunteered to stay till Ren and Jeremy got home. He and I sat and watched all the patrol cars drive by and I listened to Andrew talk about what he'd say if he saw the guy....it was pretty much hilarious.
Ren and Jeremy got home after midnight and told me where the gun is...that's nice to know now...

Quote of the Day:
"talk to the hand" ~Andrew (holding up his hand)
taylor looking at his hand~ "hey!"

"it's only ok to be raceist when they're trying to steal your stuff"

No comments:

Post a Comment