Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day 86: Aflutter

The term aflutter has an entirely different meaning for me now. I worked at the hospital today but my mind was kinda still on spring break and during report the nurse said "a flutter" but I heard "aflutter" and I got really confused and I knew that I was missing something and I felt really dumb when I figured out that she was talking about Atrial flutter, which is an abnormal heart rhythm. I was planning on looking up the specifics about A-flutter when I got home, but I had to "present" my patient to the charge nurse and after he quizzed me on abnormal heart rhythms and I just stared at him blankly, my nurse found some study materials for me...so this is atrial flutter:


by the end of the day my patient was having sinus rhythm with PACs (premature atrial contractions), and I know what that looks like...but it figures that the charge nurse would quiz me about the one that I'm unfamiliar with.

No comments:

Post a Comment