Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 110: Dumpster Diving

My mom calls me all frantic this afternoon to tell me that she thinks that she threw $100 in the trash and that I have to go outside and pull out all of the trash and go through every bag until I found it. I reluctantly agreed and went outside and dug through 4 bags of trash....yay... You can learn a lot by going through someone's trash. This is what I discovered:
1. My parents eat out a lot.
2. My dad drinks a lot of coffee.
3. Even in Effingham, people give you weird looks when you start digging through the trash
4. My mom did not throw away $100

When I called my mom to tell her that it wasn't in there, she insisted that it was and that I didn't look hard enough....so I looked again....that's right I searched through 4 bags of trash...twice! Still no money. So, my dad gets home and I tell him about it and he starts laughing cause he knows where the money is....but I didn't think it was funny, cause I went dumpster diving for nothing...ugh! ~I'd post a picture of this, but who really wants to see a bunch of trash? (me in the trash might have been funny, but I wasn't about to get my camera anywhere near that crap)

Highlight of the day: I got to see Jake again!


Quote of the Day:

this quote comes with visuals...

standing in McDonald's trying to decide what to order: a McFlurry or a milk shake


Then Timothy does this:


...and this:


and then he said, "I'm just testing it out"

3 comments:

  1. hahahaha....i want you to know that i read this post out loud to my family...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brother Johnny's mom... ;)April 22, 2010 at 11:13 AM

    It's things like this that make me love my Jes.. and Tin-te...more and more...LOL

    ReplyDelete