Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 97: Ulcers, ostomies, yeast...oh my!

I got to shadow a wound nurse and I'm pretty sure that I walked every foot of the hospital today. I saw everything from pressure ulcers and ostomies to gangrene and yeast...ewww. I feel like I can still smell it all...I'm pretty sure that by the end of the day I smelled like a fungified, rotting foot...I don't know which smells worse: yeast or gangrene? Overall I think today was pretty interesting. Who knows, maybe one day I'll be a wound nurse.
I also got to see most of my classmates who were working today. I ran into Mrs. Grier and her Fundamentals students. I saw their blue uniforms and then Mrs. Grier saw me glaring at them and I had to confess that I was jealous of the blue....I hate these white pleated monstrosities. The only similarity in our uniform is the sleeve patch.


Oh and I've been applying for jobs. Pray for me! It's a little scary...ahhh!

Quote of the Day:
"Oh, did I mention that I have MRSA?"

No comments:

Post a Comment